Greener Grass Farms is on Facebook! Like us to stay up to date on the latest farm news!
We are currently taking orders for freezer beef for December harvest.
Individual cuts are available year round. We encourage you to try our beef before committing to freezer beef. Call or E-mail us for individual cut pricing.
Greener Grass Farms is proud to raise 100% grass finished beef using environmentally sound and healthy practices. Greener Grass Farms is a family owned farm located in South Central Michigan. We take pride in how we raise our beef. We feel that it is important to know how and where your food is raised. The following are beliefs and practices of Greener Grass Farms:
- All Animals that we sell as grass finished beef are born and raised on our farm and have never received any growth hormones, steroids, growth enhancers or antibiotics
- We do not feed any grain products or mature corn silage
- No animal by-products such as bone meal, fats, or chicken manure are fed to our beef. We use only natural minerals & salts (Redman Salts and Sea Kelp).
- We are a MAEAP (Michigan Agriculture Environmental Assurance Program) certified farm. This is a voluntary program certified by the State of Michigan that requires safe environmental practices on our farm
- Cattle are pastured from April to December on high quality non-GMO grasses and legumes. Non-GMO annuals such as turnips, oats,
- High quality 2nd through 4th cutting hay is fed in the non-grazing period in our finishing program.
- Our pastures are not sprayed with pesticides or herbicides. We do not use chemical fertilizers. Organic fish fertilizer and mineral supplement along with our own compost are used several times during the growing season.
- We use rotational grazing practices to ensure continual soil health improvement in high quality forage for animals.
- Occasionally an animal must be treated with an antibiotic to assure humane treatment. The said animal is not sold with our grass finished animals.
- We believe in humane treatment of all animals on our farm.